Friday, August 11, 2006

THE ANT BULLY MOVIE REVIEW

Recycle Theme Kills Surprises

There are sure no lack of animated movies about Ants (A Bug's Life and Antz). As a result, I walked into the theatre, with so much skepticism and "I've seen it all" kind of attitude on The Ants Bully. Although such (attitude) is an insult to my professionalism, as a Film Critics, but the movie just does not surprise me, not even if it boast a stellar list of voice talents like Nicholas Cage, Julia Roberts, Paul Giamatti and Meryl Streep.

Nowadays, it is getting tougher for animation studios to win the heart of audience. Being frame and colours perfect is no longer enough. Animators, while exercise much care on the detailing works as well as throwing millions on the latest animation technology, have also got to brainstorm for refreshing alternative. In this case, I do not think audience would welcome the recycle theme of Ants.

Nevertheless, the question about why human being does not work together, like Ants, to build their own "colony" had earned some thoughts provoking moments to me.

Movie Rating: 3/5 stars

No comments: